Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Re-visiting the First Night!

It was just the way I had imagined. In fact, better.......rather unforgettable!

The million M & B novels that occupied my bookshelf during those teens did absolutely no justice to the reality that I experienced that night. It was magical, mesmerizing. And the best part was that I could see the trance-like moments reflecting in the eyes of my husband, even in broad daylight, as we sat very close to each other for the religious rituals following the wedding.


That was ten years back. And this is today. The morning of today was special, bringing a sense of déjà-vu to mind, setting the clock back by a decade, making the heart flutter! I wasn’t a newly married, coy bride anymore. With a six year old daughter on hand, the last thing(literally!) I do is look at the mirror just before hitting the bed, to rub in that coconut milk cream on my face and hands. That’s the singular beauty ritual I permit myself to indulge in, amid the conundrum of my work and home. 


Today, as I waved to my daughter from the balcony and turned towards my “rushed-for-time” husband standing next to me, sipping his tea & staring at me with glinting eyes, I wondered what he was up to, this hour of the day. “Shouldn’t he be rushing with the breakfast, bath and business?” Well, I certainly had to, myself. And that’s when the light fell (literally and metaphorically!) on me that explained “that LOOK”. WOW! My skin was glowing..........I mean, it really was. As I stood in the balcony taking in my daily dose of Vitamin D a.k.a. the sunlight, a ray from the sky caressed my soft and silky cheeks and turned them pink.............and then red after the impromptu peck from the man whose mornings were strictly reserved for business! What in the world was happening today?

Perhaps the moisturizer was turning me into an object of affection for my man.............and that was a HUGE thing for me, at 34! Thank God, Ma made me stick to this moisturizing ritual every night since the age of 8. After decades, it still promises me a ticket into the world of beautiful...and irresistible women. Lost in nostalgic thoughts, the day flew by and the romance of the morning settled in the background. Right until I reached out for the heavenly fruit once again.... this time for my daughter. Those smooth brown tresses! Yes, my little girl had enviably long tresses for her age that shimmered superbly when left loose, thanks to the richness of the coconut oil. Oh wait, the “wonder oil” had softened my cracked heels too, just after childbirth when my hormones were on an over-drive! And lovingly soothed my frayed nerves when stress loomed large over my head!
Well, today seems special as I am waiting for him to be home and the night to take over... I am waiting for that special “skin-to-skin talk” that tells me I am desired after ten long years...all over again!

 

2 comments:

  1. a common problem you have addressed here . . great solution too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You grabbed all..lovely post with all love.
    http://modonika.blogspot.in/2013/02/enter-to-win-modonika-jewelry-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete